Coleman Bridge was a bridge originally built in 1840. Since then, it has gone through 3 reconstructions. This bridge was the second bridge built across the Singapore River. The bridge was designed by and named after George Drumgoole Coleman, the first architect of Singapore.
The Parliament House was opened on 4th October 1999, to house the growing Parliament of Singapore. It was designed by Singapore's Public Works Department, and was integrated with a restored building built in 1864. The building's overall architecture is inspired by the older buildings near it.
Raffles' Landing Site
This monument was built to commemorate Raffles' landing, and was built on the spot where Raffles supposedly stepped on shore. The statue was unveiled in 1972 and was based on the original statue. built in 1887, which is currently standing opposite the Victoria Concert Halls.
The Anderson Bridge was completed in 1910. It was intended to replace the overloaded Cavenagh bridge. However, the Cavenagh bridge was not demolished and was instead converted to a pedestrian bridge. During the Japanese Occupation, heads of criminals were hung here to remind people not to break the law. In the picture above, the Anderson Bridge is the bridge seen to the left.
The Cenotaph was a war memorial built in honour of the British soldiers who died in both World Wars. It was completed in 1922, and was unveiled by the then Prince Edward of Wales on the 31st of March.